And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.
As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
1 John 3:15
Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.
When it comes to a person’s death, people only know one kind of death and treat it as such. This is because they only see the body. God, the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Son consider a person’s death to be two kinds: the death of the body and the death of the spirit.
For today’s scripture, we also read the verses about the death of the body and the death of the spirit.
“And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.”
This passage is about Jesus’ physical death.
“As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.”
This passage is about the death of those who do not take action.
1 John 3:15
“Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.”
This passage is about the death of those who hate their brothers and sisters.
Death of the Body
There are several kinds of death of the body.
- A person’s body is completely dead forever when his breath is completely cut off, and his body is dead as a result.
- A person whose body is alive but cannot function to take action is said to be dead because he cannot take action. In other words, this is called the death of actions. If you don’t take action, you are said to be dead.
- A person whose body is alive yet does not know what he should know is said to be dead because he will suffer harm due to his ignorance. A person who knows what he should know and takes action is living.
- A person who still lives in the old time period even though the new time period has come is said to be dead in terms of the time period. A person who lives in the new time period is said to be alive in terms of the time period.
- A person who lives a life that belongs to the night even though the day has come is said to be dead.
- A person whose body is alive yet does not repent after committing sins is said to be dead due to sin from God’s point of view.
Those who realize this are great people. Those who don’t know are dead.
Death of the Spirit
If the body completely stops breathing, it can never live again. In the same way, there is a complete death for the spirit too.
That is, if the spirit is completely judged by God, receives the death sentence, and goes to the domain of death, it becomes a completely dead spirit.
At that time, the spirit can never come out of the domain of death for eternity.
Therefore, you should not let your spirit die completely.
Even when the spirit is not completely dead, there are times when it is regarded as dead.
If a spirit or soul acts outside God’s domain of life, it is considered dead.
You cannot know what is dead just by looking. And thus, you cannot take care of it. You have to look after praying.
You have to look after listening to the Lord’s Word.
Next, you should fix the things you have to fix. You have to repent of your sins and be forgiven.
If you know and take action, you will do living deeds and be a living person.
A dead person is someone who is disconnected from God and the Lord.
An electrical cord is also said to be dead if it is disconnected. If you reconnect the cord, it is considered alive.
However, if the cord is connected but the motor is dead, it is completely dead.
A person who is disconnected from God and the Lord and cut off from the thoughts of God and the Lord is a dead person. If they reconnect themselves, they will become a living person.
However, if their thoughts, perspective, deeds, and body completely cross over to the evil side, their spirit will become completely dead.
So that you will not become completely dead, I hope that you will live in the Lord whether you are weak or strong, and live in the Lord whether you can do well or not!
I bless all of you:
-to take care of your problems of sin completely,
-to have the thoughts of God that connect not only to the body but to eternity,
-to take action within God, the Holy Spirit, and the Lord,
-to know the meaning and value of the Lord correctly,
-to take action with clear knowledge of the time of God’s history,
-to diligently prepare what each of you have to prepare before receiving the Lord,
-to receive hope and be thankful for that,
and to rise and shine as living people!